Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cooking School

Today (after an accidental 3 hour nap), I got to go with a small group to the Giglio Cooking School in Florence. We made an entire Italian meal from scratch, and then got to enjoy the fruits of our labor in a great meal. Our menu was:
-Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
-Cut Beefsteak with Rosemary and Rucola
-Roasted Potatoes
-Tiramisu

Oh. My. Word. It was one of the best meals of my life, and I only had to pay 25 Euro for the meal, lesson, apron, the whole deal. It would easily cost that much to get all that food in a restaurant, so it was more than worth it. We made everything from scratch. We made the dough, rolled out and made the pasta, stuffed and formed the ravioli, cut and seasoned and roasted the potatoes, whipped the cream and soaked the Lady's fingers for the Tiramisu, cooked the beefsteak in a sauce we made.

Legit. I'll edit this and add a picture later once I steal someone else's pictures (I didn't bring my camera). It was a great experience and I am extremely glad I got to do it.

Ciao!
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment